Friday, December 15, 2006

Soothing Wounds

Let the raging red flames burn me bare,
So the words from mortal mouths can do no more

Let the unforgiving sharp thorns pierce me deep,
So no human actions can pain me further

Let the swirling waters of the torrid rivers
Toss me into the heart of the desolate islands,
So no other confinement can isolate me more.

Let the sword from Hell’s own forge stab my back
So even the betrayal by my very self would mean nothing.

Let the denuding gale blowing forth,
Pound my soul to threadbare tatters,
Lest no other attempt can break my inner will.

Let the numbing icy blizzards
Freeze the blood coursing through my mortal torso
So I never feel the pain when it bursts through my veins

Let the shining morning light nearly blind my eye
So I can bear to see any sight
That would send the rest into a fright.

No comments: